Sunday, May 13, 2012

I apologize for not blogging in quite some time.. I was finishing up school in April and have just finished my small band duties for the JSU Honor Band. All I really had to do was play at Graduation, and then work the first day of Honor Band. I'm currently at my Grandparents house in Hanceville, Alabama..(my fathers parents), though I'm back in Hoover for the remainder of the summer working my old concession stand job at the ball park. It's very relieving to be back at home with little responsibilities now, though I start to lose my mind if I stay cooped up in my house for too long alone. I usually just play a couple of video games like Borderlands while Mom is at work, but since my home friends are finally on their summer breaks I hope to be out of the house a lot more often.

I've managed to find myself I pretty good guy whom I have been spending a conciderable amount of time with. I wouldn't normally introduce such an event on a blog, but then my next little story would be hard to understand...He has an older brother about the same age as mine, 27 I would assume, who had a baby boy just a only ago today I believe. Of course I had to meet the family at some point so I was looking forward to meeting the bugar so badly that I was having dreams about it. I almost found this sort of  "Baby Fever" to be slightly overwhelming, but after I got to visit and hold him about 98% of the time I was there, the fever had fallen. I didn't want to be a baby hog since I wasn't too sure how his family would take me, but they seemed to not care and I later found out that his sister in law was telling his mother about how it was pretty nice to relax while someone else watched over the baby(these may not be the exact words but I figured that it was gist of them). Anywho..really me rambling about that small event in my life was to give you a little taste of how I feel about babies. I've always been in love with infants and kids in general really, but ever since my father passed away I've found myself picking up on little quirks of his which I've assumed is quite natural for having lost a role model. My Dad could walk into a room with a baby and he would immediately go to hold it. He loved babies and they loved him just as much..to them he was a big ole' warm teddy bear to latch on to. He was about 6"3 and fit.. not athleticly fit, but definitely not overweight to me.(you can refference a picture from his blog) The perfect hugging size for just about anyone, and the ideal hands for cradling a baby. Not to mention he had the facial expressions that could make a babbling giggle come out whenever he wanted. I cherrish my love of kids even more so now because I can almost feel his love when I see a young twinkling eye. At first I thought that I was trying to make up for him being gone, but now I know that I'm just seeing things through my fathers eyes..something that I've wanted to do for a very long time.
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment